Sunday, November 26, 2006

back again



It was long time since I had possibility to update. But I have what to show!
I was participating in a local craft's show here in Hill Country, and wanted to put on display some of the snowflakes I made. Mainly from my favorite Russian sites and from some books. Well, I went in Walmart for a smal fake xmas tree. I found one, but I found something else too - now Walmart carries (in the holiday section) sets of very cute PLASTIC xmas balls. In different collors and shapes. Some have embossed patterns over them, but there were few plains. Actually, I did not realize they were plastic until I got home and opened the box. So well made!
I wanted to make some tatted wrapping for xmas balls since I began tatting, but the first few experiments were not too successful - the damn glass just broke. Now I was able to make some. I made decorations for all the balls, but now I have only this one left. It's a modification from a snowflake a friend of mine sent me an year ago. She's not a tatter, so I wonder where she got it - maybe somebody can help?