Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Long time since the last update


Yes, it was a long time. We needed to move 4 times, first I came in New Orleans, then the whole family moved in Austin, and now we are in our second home since the fall in New Orleans.

Way too much moving for my taste, with not too enough time for tatting (if there is such thing as enough time for tatting).

I've been tatting, of course, but I just had not time, nor wish for posting. But today I just need to share.

We live on the west bank of Mississippi river, working (of course) on the east one. It means using the ferry (less gaz and it's closer to our home) twice a day. And I love the ferry, as it gives me the 15-20 extra tatting minutes a day. Today I had with me a shuttle I got on eBay together with other stuff, and it was fully loaded with some naqsty thread - thick and fuzzy. If the thread amound was less, I would consider unwind it and discard it, but I just could not do it with a full shuttle. I did 3 square/diamond motifs - sort of trefoils with chains. Well, on the ferry I finished partially only one, so when I came home, I placed a jump ring in the last ring. I made another one like it, plus a third one, with some beads. The third one will be described tomorrow.

The first two motifs came out nicelly, but were just plain boring - no beads, no metal filament, just plain think white thread (almost a rope). But I had an idea, and see what kind of earrings I got from!

1 comment:

Ridgewoman said...

Hi Fani ~ very nice ear rings. Thanks for telling us about your blog. We do share a 'flood' history; as I rebuilt a library too. Horrible to loose so many years of one's history, photos, old keepsakes. I'm glad you have some time to tat now.
Stay dry, living by a River is always a worry.
Happy Tatting

BJ in New Mexico on a mountain side!