Monday, July 07, 2008

Barrette - almost ready, and something else

The barrette - the tatted part, I mean - is ready. Now I need to look for a ribbon. I do have some, but I cannot decide what color to use - the barrette is bright yellow with green beads, so the choice is difficult. Does not matter too much, here it comes (TATATATAM)



The other thing I started yesterday, was a necklace. I do not know about you, but I hate not having enough thread to finish the neck part with one shuttle. And loading beads means less thread on the shuttle. Working the "usual" tatting, decorated with beads, just became lot easier after Jane Eborall made available for the tatting public a wonderful way to add beads to picots (see here.



As you can see, there are no beads on the shuttle! (And on the ball too LOL). I hope to be able to finish this one without adding more thread to the shuttle. I do not mind working with hundreds of beads on the shuttle when I try to make something in beanile style, but in such a case I do not use too much thread. I will keep you posted about the necklace progress. (And when I find a ribbon I like, I will show the finished barrette.)

No comments: